Frequently Asked Questions
- Fair Pay Insurance differs from traditional car insurance as it uses black box (a.k.a telematics) technology allowing you to pay how and when you drive. At Fair Pay, we look past the traditional stereotypes! We believe good drivers should be rewarded for driving well. If you drive well on a typical profile of roads and minimally at night then your insurance will last at least 8,000 miles.
Fair Pay Insurance is aimed at good drivers who pay, or expect to pay, over £1,000 for their car insurance. With the rising cost of car insurance, this may be more people than you first think.
Fair Pay Insurance is ideal for drivers who:
- Have a car valued over £1,000
- Need a more realistic mileage allowance, typically around 8,000 miles.
- Have a year or more driving experience with at least one year's No Claims Discount
- Are happy to be monitored in return for reduced premiums and added value benefits such as real-time, in-car feedback and a TomTom satnav
We are conscious of how difficult it can be to buy insurance at a fair price if one or more of the traditional rating factors work against you. We are working closely with our existing and potential further insurer partners to widen our availability and to bring fair insurance premiums to as many as possible.
- In addition to the standard insurance questions, we will ask a few behaviour based questions. We will use this data to calculate your premium.
- The navigation technology is supplied by TomTom along with the GPS that measures the driving behaviours. TomTom is renowned for it's accuracy of data and being a name you can trust.
- The TomTom technology records the following:
- Harsh Braking
- Time and location
- G-Force impact
- Routes and types of roads used
- The Tom Tom is fitted by a trained professional who will visit you at your home or place of work. You do not have to wait for the box to be fitted before cover can start, however the box must be fitted within the first 8 working days of cover start date.
- The cost of the TomTom and fitting is priced at £199.00 and will form part of the final premium you are quoted. This is your TomTom! In event that you do cancel your Fair Pay Insurance policy, the TomTom satnav will be yours to keep.
- In simple terms - no it won't. It's as simple as fitting a car alarm.
- You will need to contact us at Fair Pay Insurance on 0844 892 6279 where we will discuss any issues you have and arrange resolution.
- Yes, you own the GPS box and TomTom once it is installed. If the policy is cancelled or you do not renew you would have to arrange for the Live Services to be activated via your local TomTom stockist.
- All of the data produced is displayed in an easy to read format on your Customer Dashboard. If you do not understand the data or have difficulties in accessing please contact Fair Pay Insurance Customer Services on 0844 892 6279.
- You still earn NCD as you would on any other insurance policy. Your NCD can only be used against 1 vehicle during a period of insurance.
- We are legally and duty bound to protect your data and keep it safe. Data is only supplied to those who are contractually required to maintain its security and accuracy.
Your data will be used periodically throughout the life cycle of the policy to monitor your driving behaviours, speed and mileage. In preparation for your renewal and to periodically check your usage is on track, we will analyse your data to see if there are any factors, which can influence a renewal premium from our insurers.
Just like any other systems that take advantage of GPS (such as mobile phones and satellite navigation systems) data may be used for purpose other than our core need (such as traffic analysis). Should this occur all personal data will be removed so that collective averages can be used rather than data relating to a particular individual.
- If your circumstances change and this affects your policy then you will need to contact us to check it out for you and make alternative arrangements. Remember, you can track your mileage and driving behaviour by using your Customer Dashboard which will supply you with all of the information. Don't forget, Fair Pay Insurance is a Pay How You Drive policy - the better you drive, the further your insurance miles will go.
- You can pay in full or monthly via direct debit
Proud To Work With:
Fair Pay Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Towergate Underwriting Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered in England No: 4043759. Registered office: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3EN.